Melasma is a common skin condition that can be seen both in men and women. It can appear on the forehead, nose bridge, cheeks, or upper lips. The main cause of this condition includes a change in hormones in women after pregnancy or because of birth control pills, sun exposure, or unsafe skincare products.
Though melasma doesn’t need any treatment, people prefer to go for treatment to get an even skin tone. It also helps them gain more confidence in themselves. While traditional treatments are there for treating this condition, it comes back after a certain period. Because of the heat in the surrounding skin area, hypo and hyperpigmentation are caused and make the condition worse.
What Is Pico Laser Treatment?
Pico laser treatments are considered to deliver significance for this skin condition because short pressure waves are used for this. It doesn’t create heat or burn the pigments. In this treatment, the pigmentations are made into smaller fragments. These smaller fragments will be absorbed and removed by our immune system.
After diagnosing your skin condition, your doctor delivers the laser pulses at high-intensity for a short time, 皮秒, which is one trillionth/second. This treatment targets the affected area and activates natural collagen. This increases the regeneration and renewal of skin cells and leads to brighter, tighter skin without any need for downtime.
Effectiveness of Pico Laser Treatment
- Pico laser is a quick one that just needs 15 minutes without any downtime. This makes it a free time or lunchtime fix. This treatment is not painful. There may be a little discomfort but don’t expect as much involved in invasive procedures.
- It involves no invasive procedures. Even if there is redness and swelling, it will subside within a few hours. Since it uses shorter pulses for picoseconds, it is safe for all types of skin and skin tones.
- You can get the desired result in just one or a few sessions.
- Since this treatment is highly targeted, you need not worry about damaging your skin or you don’t need to bother about your uncomfortable skin issues.
- This treatment is safe, and you need not worry about any side effects. You can undergo this treatment for any part of your face or body.
Different Types of Pico Laser
Though there are a few types of Pico laser treatment, PicoWay and PicoSure are the FDA-approved laser treatment for treating different skin conditions like acne, wrinkles, and melasma and removing tattoos.
- PicoWay laser system uses a high-power laser beam and ultra-short pulses for Picoseconds. Different handpieces and laser wavelengths are used in this.
- PicoSure uses short bursts of energy that target the area with minimizing damage to the skin. It provides a precise treatment that makes it so effective for all.
If a melasma skin condition is bothering you, book an appointment with Reten Medical Beauty Centre for Pico laser treatment. It has won the “Favorite Frozen Age Medical Beauty Center Award” and you can find its reputation on she.com. They have more than ten years of experience and you are assured of the best service from the internationally qualified medical aesthetic team professionals.